Find
Notify
Tools

I just got an SKS.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
Never thought I would have one, but the price was right. A friend of the family asked me to store an old family heirloom shotgun while he is out of the country. Will be gone off and on for 2 years. He gave me the SKS for my "troubles" .

It has a pistol grip folding synthetic stock. Will be a fun plinker.

Posts: 7467 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
They are gangs of fun and depending on which model you have, can be much more accurate than most folks give them credit for. If you ever decide to play with any subsonic loads drop me a PM. I built some using the 175 grain SMK and HS6 powder.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
This Norinco.

Subsonic sounds fun.

Posts: 7467 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted Hide Post
Very good. I looked down my nose at them and resisted getting a "cheap commie gun"for years. It was my loss, they are tons of fun to shoot, ammunition cheap, lots of accessories if you want. The SKS is now my favorite just plinkin' gun. If the trigger is rough, send the trigger group to this fellow http://kivaari.com

He will do wonders for the trigger.

Have fun!

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I brought a lot of them at 69 dollars each and cases of Chinese 1200 rd fmj for 60 bucks they are hoot to shoot.

Now I only have one left and some ammo.

Posts: 19313 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
I still have a couple of them. One each with treaded barrel and pinned barrel.

Actually 3 as I have a Model D but I need to find it a new home.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of Soviet refurbs up here, very popular and ammo is cheap and plentiful. I've got a couple including my favorite, a battlefield pick up that must have seen action somewhere by the looks of it. Betting Africa or Israel

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote