Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M4 carbine
 Login/Join

posted
I am thinking of getting a High Standared M4 carbine how good are these rifles? and what is a good price?

Tom

Posts: 15 | Location: washington state | Registered: 18 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure, I haven't seen them. As a comparrison the Rock River list price is $995. Gunbroker had one from Spike's for $650, and a few in the same neighborhood as RRA.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years back some guys at work picked a few of them...seemed to be good guns...reliable but no comments about accuracy-good or bad.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well picked up the m4 yeaterday already haveing secound thoughts (I always do when I buy a new gun). Haven't shot it as yet will try to get out this sat. and see what it will do. I wanted an AK to replace a 9 mm for a house gun but this one is even shorter that the AK so should work just fine and their are a lot of uppers that I can get to change things some. Thanks.
Tom

Posts: 15 | Location: washington state | Registered: 18 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep us posted.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well finly got out to shoot the M4 last sunday. Took about 25 rounds to get it shooting were I wanted it to ( about 2 inch's high at 50 yards maby a little less) Last 5 shot group was 4 tuching and one out about an inch could have been me as I tend to go to fast when shooting a ar. Over all I like it a lot and it seams to be a shooter (only iron sites) I would like to fine a scope mount that fits the carry handle but haven't seen one or one that coould mount a red dot for night shooting. well have a good evening . TJN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TJN,

check your Brownell's catalog. They show several.

Rich

old

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway USA also has a number of carry handle mounts. Besides the ones that sit on top of the handle, they also carry C-More and Midwest Industries 'scout' mounts that attach to the carry handle but put the red dot optic over the forend.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJN:
Well finly got out to shoot the M4 last sunday. Took about 25 rounds to get it shooting were I wanted it to ( about 2 inch's high at 50 yards maby a little less) Last 5 shot group was 4 tuching and one out about an inch could have been me as I tend to go to fast when shooting a ar. Over all I like it a lot and it seams to be a shooter (only iron sites) I would like to fine a scope mount that fits the carry handle but haven't seen one or one that coould mount a red dot for night shooting. well have a good evening . TJN

That's some pretty good shooting, especially for irons. Sounds like you got a good one. I bet you'll be happy you didn't get an AK before long.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote