THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    Colt Suspends Civilian AR-15 Production
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Suspends Civilian AR-15 Production
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
Depending on the spin, it can be seen two different ways. From what I gather, it’s an economic decision. There are so many other makers out there that are cheaper. They will continue under their military and LE contracts.

Of course, I didn’t want to post this in the PF.

Colt suspending production of AR-15 for civilians

https://www.foxnews.com/us/col...-ar-15-for-civilians

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Pretty simple...follow the money...

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
More money for other manufacturers.
I hope it is not a foreshadowing or a trend.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True, kinda along the same lines when Bush the 1st sold us out in 87 about the assault weapon importation act or whatever it was called, it looked like a good boon for business of American Mfgs so that they would have the lions share of the business instead of the importers; well we know how that turned out. Give the anti's an inch + they WILL take a mile.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1927 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With so many premium AR manufacturers today, Colt would be the bottom of my choice list. However, I did love the H-Bar when it first came out. Then I discovered Rock River and Daniel Defense. Never looked back...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote