Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help on WW I SMLE
 Login/Join

posted
Hello to all. Bought a SMLE Mk 1 #3 recently that is very good in and out. How can I tell if it has been overhauled ? Arsenal identification ? A collector told me they all have beech stocks but this one is clearly walnut. He also said bores and chambers vary a lot. What is the best way to find out these things ?

My first unaltered military rifle and first SMLE.

Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Not true about the wood; the English ones used both walnut and beech, and the Australian ones used local maple. Indian ones used some sort of dark wood. First, tell me all the markings on your rifle and I will tell you where and when it was made. If rebuilt, it will usually say "FTR" on it (factory thorough repair). Maybe. Yes, bores and chambers can vary a bit, but it is not important unless you are fitting lead bullets to it.

Posts: 17103 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pictures would help.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Miles Massey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spanishhombre42:
Hello to all. Bought a SMLE Mk 1 #3 recently that is very good in and out. How can I tell if it has been overhauled ? Arsenal identification ? A collector told me they all have beech stocks but this one is clearly walnut. He also said bores and chambers vary a lot. What is the best way to find out these things ?

My first unaltered military rifle and first SMLE.

Thanks.
You asshole, Larry Root!!!! Exactly when are you going to figure out your ass needs to stay GONE. How many names have you tried to come back on here as now? How many, Larry? Sorry bastard. cuckoo

Posts: 209 | Location: Up in yo' gree-ill... | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
He's over on 24hourcampfire as "spanishhombre". diggin

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
"42"? Come on Larry you asshole can't you make it a little bit more challenging to find your sorry ass? FOAD

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
DPCD, thanks for your courteous reply.

As I has tear down inspection permission, I took a bunch of photos and sent them to some real heavy duty SMLE guys. They said it was a much overhauled pre WW I rifle and the prize was not worth the quest.

Sent it back and used the money to buy a 7mm RemMag M 70 Super Grade ANNB with 3-4X wood over at Robert Brown's favorite site.

Have a line on a brand new Mk 4 no 2, still in the wrap.Probably a better choice for the military rifle matches as the sights are far better.

Craigster, sorry about the 03A3 sporting stock you wanted. It's sold for $250.00 so you missed out ..... sorry.

As for "finding anyone" as long as your explorations are limited to anonymous playground talk and encrypted childish obscene comments, it really doesn't matter. Taxing you too much might bring on some real action, like THE BIG PINEDALE CAMPFIRE.

Now quick FO make your phone call (not that it will have any effect) and try to work up the courage to answer PMs on that other site where you tried playing troll and were slapped down in a heartbeat.

Here's a face only a mother could love: (aka Miles Massey)

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Larry I mean 'El Larry" since you are now "spanish", PLEASE try to make ahem, rooting you out a little more challenging, maricon.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jorge, I want to keep it VERY easy for you dimbulbs. Hope your former flying skills were better than your Spanish ..... what you were grasping for was:

el señor

and we are hardly on a first name basis .... oh yeah I forgot you are too chicken sheit or ashamed to admit yours .... but hey you were one step above rotary wings.

As for "rooting" ,a habit of pigs, how appropriate for you children, you can "root" until he double l freezes over and your effect will be the same as as passing gas in a tornado.

Most of the trolls have moved on to slandering newbies but you three just don't get it.

You have "outed" yourselves and have zero effect on any of us on any forum.

You cannot even define why you carry on this childish vendetta anymore, it's just become a habit.

Sad nobodies trying so hard to have some influence in a world that has passed them by.

Keep up the good work as an agile mind is a healthy mind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spanishhombre2:
DPCD, thanks for your courteous reply.

As I has tear down inspection permission, I took a bunch of photos and sent them to some real heavy duty SMLE guys. They said it was a much overhauled pre WW I rifle and the prize was not worth the quest.

Sent it back and used the money to buy a 7mm RemMag M 70 Super Grade ANNB with 3-4X wood over at Robert Brown's favorite site.

Have a line on a brand new Mk 4 no 2, still in the wrap.Probably a better choice for the military rifle matches as the sights are far better.

Craigster, sorry about the 03A3 sporting stock you wanted. It's sold for $250.00 so you missed out ..... sorry.

As for "finding anyone" as long as your explorations are limited to anonymous playground talk and encrypted childish obscene comments, it really doesn't matter. Taxing you too much might bring on some real action, like THE BIG PINEDALE CAMPFIRE.

Now quick FO make your phone call (not that it will have any effect) and try to work up the courage to answer PMs on that other site where you tried playing troll and were slapped down in a heartbeat.

Here's a face only a mother could love: (aka Miles Massey)

Ya just can't give it up, can you, Larry? I've run across more than a few pathetic people in my life but none as pathetic as you. You are, indeed, the epitome of it. But the pity we all feel for you is scornful rather than compassionate. You just don't get it, but then again, you may enjoy it.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
The limp wristed gender confused geriatric TROLL is back yet again with another screen name, with the sole intent and purpose to troll yet another Internet Forum where his "participation" is neither wanted nor welcomed.

Evidenced as you've been banned how many times in just the past year Larry? And always display your childish and trollish behavior by continuing to create screen names via proxy and anonymous servers in your vain attempt to circumvent your multiple bannings... pathetic.

Larry Root, you're without a doubt THE preeminent douchebag upon every Forum you infest, and there's no hiding that blatant fact. To compliment that achievement, you've a very vivid imagination fueled by paranoia and conjure up all sorts of contrived bullshit, which backfires with uncanny percentages.

You're a train-wreck, and it's always humorous to catch you bitching, moaning and crying the blues, which seems to ALWAYS be the case. Everything is ALWAYS someone else fault. Everyone is out to get you, cause bodily harm, or even kill you! Your paranoia is off the charts.

The simple reality is, you are an amazingly incompetent, stupid and clueless douchebag lying TROLL. Without a doubt, no one has ever lauded you as "bright", "conceptual" or even "par".

The lunacy that escapes your trembling fingers upon a keyboard is soooo far fetched and of such volume, that you can't even begin to remember half the stupid crap you've typed.

Appreciate the laughs and entertainment (although not intentionally) you ALWAYS provide. Be sure to fasten the chinstrap on your padded helmet, when you lay down to start dreaming again.

The BAN Hammer will undoubtedly fall on your miserable diseased gourd soon... Adios scumbag.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Miles Massey
posted Hide Post
You're just a sorry piece-of-shit as always, Larry. You'll always chronically and pathologically lie about what you've done, what you own, and who you are. Geriatric, cross-dresser pretty well sums it up.

Posts: 209 | Location: Up in yo' gree-ill... | Registered: 06 December 2011Reply With Quote