The Accurate Reloading Forums
RIP Batman

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/132105729/m/3221052562

30 March 2021, 01:53
thecanadian
RIP Batman
Had my daughter's AR stolen out of our van last month. I finally got the insurance money to replace it only to find out that half the components are not made anymore and the other half are unavailable. Not sure how many stolen rifles find their way back to their owners but I still have my fingers crossed.

https://imgur.com/omkhaMq

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson
30 March 2021, 05:03
Bobster
Well it sure has a good chance of being identified if pawned. Quite unique. You might get lucky. Make sure all gun shops and pawn shops are notified by authorities. I can't stand a damn thief! Mad
30 March 2021, 07:33
NormanConquest
The police check the pawn shops on a regular basis. When we had some pistols stolen a couple of years ago they recommended to keep looking online for gun sales as the criminal element is aware that the pawn shops are being monitored. I hate thieves as well. Two days ago my jeep was stolen from in front of my shop in broad daylight.

Never mistake motion for action.
07 April 2021, 22:25
packrattusnongratus
Is it illegal to carry a self destruct button in your pocket for when your truck gets stolen? Asking for a friend? Be Well Packy.
08 April 2021, 08:54
NormanConquest
Packy, back in the 70s during the CB radio craze my buddy kept getting his radios stolen so when he decided he'd had enough he bought a new one + before installing, brazed treble hooks on the back underside. Yep, next morning he had him a Mexican literally hung up under the dash. Still gives me a warm feeling.

08 April 2021, 18:37
packrattusnongratus
Velly intellesting, as Henry Gibson might have said. I would like to hear more of those stories from anyone who has them. Be Well, Packy.
09 April 2021, 08:31
NormanConquest
Packy, not trying to be a smart aleck but the German character at the end of 'Laugh In" was Arty Johnson. Henry Gibson would stand holding a big flower + say "+ now a poem by Henry Gibson", + Yes I agree that some other stories like that would be entertaining even though in this day + time you would most likely get arrested for protecting your own property.

09 April 2021, 18:01
packrattusnongratus
I forgot Aty was his name. I just thought it would save the world a lot of pain. As the theives would caus trouble for all the world one step at a time. They usually start small then go to larger objects to steal. Then they progress tobreaking and entering then to home invasion. Think of all our taxes saved by eliminating the cost for prison, police presence, court costs, etc. What a shame to miss all that savings. You're right of course. It isn't Christian either. Just a silly day-dream when I was young. Be Well, Packy.
09 April 2021, 18:53
richj
Just saying

If one of my guns was stolen out of my car and it wasn't at gunpoint I would be under arrest for an unsecured firearm. Just saying. In NYC you can't stop to eat, pee, help a widow in distress, etc...
10 April 2021, 08:43
NormanConquest
Indeed Packy, things would be different if I were king.