THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    thoughts on QD rings - extra high ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thoughts on QD rings - extra high ??
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
What are your thoughts on 1pc vs 2pc, height/cantilevered, QD vs fixed?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a set on my AR carbine so I can clear the rear pop up peep.

They seem to work well

Posts: 19362 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have a couple one piece cantelever types but I run hex nuts no QR

I mount my scope over my charging handles to get the corect eye relief for standard length of pull so in reality a cantilever in my case is not necessary

LaRue is my choice but the Burris PEPR is hard if not impossible to beat for the $$$

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I use Talley, or old Kimber, QD rings on all my personal rifles. Medium usually. On ARs, I use the Armalite all one piece bridge rings.

Posts: 17105 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use them on every rifle I own, most all of my rifles have iron sights so it only makes sense plus I have NECG peeps which I carry in the event I need to switch. I also have multiple scopes for each hunting rifle .
I have both Leupold, burris and Warne. I recently had a failure on a Warne, seems it had poor metal smelting and the screw pulled through the ring and not the threaded side either, looked like pot metal. Warne warrantied it stated they have never seen this happen before?
When I mount these rings I make sure I have the forward ring pushed forward and the rear ring pushed back so that the recoil lugs engage the bases, I also ony use steel bases.

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Talley quick detach low mount rings with low powered Leupold scopes on many of my doubles. The ribs are dovetailed and slotted so that the rings drop in from the top and slide forward. I either get the front ring to snug up against the rear sight or I dovetail in a recoil lug for it to fit up against.

Posts: 141 | Location: Iowa,U.S.A. | Registered: 13 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I use extra high Warne QD rings on an AR.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seekins on bolt guns and LaRue or ADM on AR platform. I need cantilever on the small frame AR, not as much on the large frame.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raamw:
I use them on every rifle I own, most all of my rifles have iron sights so it only makes sense plus I have NECG peeps which I carry in the event I need to switch. I also have multiple scopes for each hunting rifle .
I have both Leupold, burris and Warne. I recently had a failure on a Warne, seems it had poor metal smelting and the screw pulled through the ring and not the threaded side either, looked like pot metal. Warne warrantied it stated they have never seen this happen before?
When I mount these rings I make sure I have the forward ring pushed forward and the rear ring pushed back so that the recoil lugs engage the bases, I also ony use steel bases.

2 years ago i got a repeated issue with aqd detach warne and they had never seen that too ... i was for a ruger hawkeye ...

Posts: 1731 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
For AR style rifles I've gone to Burris PEPR mounts. The seem to return to zero fairly well once you get them adjusted to your rail.

I do have one rifle with ARMS extra high QD rings on a riser but the PEPR is just a more elegant solution.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I'm going to put a DNZ freedom reaper on the next couple projects and see if they can hang with the Larue

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote