One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
suggestions??... I picked up a m1a and want to scope it.. thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
do a google search - there's lots of them out there. don't expect to much out of the polytech however - it's miles away from a springfield

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
that's the trouble..there's about 10 out there...some cheap in price and some not.... that's why I was asking for suggestions...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2824 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Owned a few Chinese M1As; they work fine and most are as accurate as the Geneseo ones. all the negative hype was promoted by Springfield Armory. It is nonsense.
Just get any mount made made for an M14/M1a; the best ones are steel and use the clip guide recess as another lug.

Posts: 17013 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't shortchange the Polytechs. 8620 hot hammer forged receivers, not investment cast like the Springfields. Mine wears a Smith Enterprise mount. Definitely worth the extra money IMHO.

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe mine was a lemon, but i was lucky to get 8" groups at 100

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had four of them at the same time. Rebuilt two completely with USGI parts. One a Winchester bbl, bolt, FCG, op rod (still have this one). The other TRW stuff (sold it). Have one with original chrome lined Chinese bbl and USGI bolt that I shot a third place in a vintage military rifle match shooting out to 1100 yds. (42 other shooters on line) n Still have a couple of new bbls and bolts and three or four USGI op rods in my parts stash.

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote