Find
Notify
Tools

prices up or down?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
With the recent discussion of the Biden Admin wanting to pass legislation (Exec Order????) making AR type rifle and high capacity magazines subject to NFA registration....will AR prices go up or down? I understand that it might cause some to rush out and buy them in the interim. But if six months from now you'll be expected to either register them ($200 and perhaps $200 per magazine up to five) or sell them back to the gubmint at some arbitrary price....will this be a deterent. Am also aware that a lot of people will ignore registering them for awhile, but if there is a paper trail there is the possibility that there will be a knock on the door.

And once in place, what's next? Glocks with high capacity mags?

Posts: 3270 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
With the recent discussion of the Biden Admin wanting to pass legislation (Exec Order????) making AR type rifle and high capacity magazines subject to NFA registration....will AR prices go up or down? I understand that it might cause some to rush out and buy them in the interim. But if six months from now you'll be expected to either register them ($200 and perhaps $200 per magazine up to five) or sell them back to the gubmint at some arbitrary price....will this be a deterent. Am also aware that a lot of people will ignore registering them for awhile, but if there is a paper trail there is the possibility that there will be a knock on the door.

And once in place, what's next? Glocks with high capacity mags?

AR-15 prices are up about 50% in my area.

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They are way up here, and no one I know will ever admit to having one. Mine was stolen last week; look down town at the usual thugs who commit all the crime here.
So good luck with your registration scheme.

Posts: 17010 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plenty available around here.

High end and low end ones. Super low end $500 Rutgers ect is tight.

Plenty of magazines.

A retailer or distributor would be stupid to stock up and hold a large inventory.

I sold my low end ar and aks. I sold a ton of magazines in the summer.

No shortage of magazines now.

No 556/223 ammo at all at big box retailers. And stuff that is there is $1 a round.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who has any ARs? I gave all mine away a few months ago.....

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Who has any ARs? I gave all mine away a few months ago.....

Problem is if uncle joe drops them in nfa and you get caught with one that is not registered it might be 10 years in the federal fun house Big Grin

I think the first step would be banning production and import.

There are too many ar types guns out there to drop them all smoothly in a nfa structure.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$200 transfers per $400 PSA AR, alongside $200 per $6.99-value individual mag, will eventuate as non-compliance.

Many here can afford to play the game. But appears Ds are not smart enough to avoid a blatantly confiscatory tax scheme, especially one discriminatory against poor and minorities.

Begs for use of the naval accident option, as happened with bump stocks and recent mag bans.

Symbolic victory, suppose. "See, we banned evil guns".

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Should this Biden 'Gun/Magazine Tax' plan come to be I'm sure there will be some high-profile enforcement 'pour encourages les autres'. Federal court is a meat grinder and whatever you think you're going to pay for a lawyer....triple it.

They are already touting this as it not interfering with your 2A rights...you can still own one, just got to pay a tax for it.

I'm worried about the prospect of no online ammo sales. Will this include reloading components like brass and bullets? If I become dependant on what is in stock at the local Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabelas I won't be doing much p-dog shooting in the future.

Posts: 3270 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well, components will be an issue, hell, they already are. As to his imposing a new tax on previously owned items is illegal, but that hasn't stopped them yet. The enforcement clause will be interesting as you say, "high profile" because otherwise, their treasonous acts will have no teeth. And treasonous is what it is when anyone decides to replace the constitution + bill of rights with personal opinion. I would assume that enforcement would be hired out or ATF as EVERY LEO that I know says they would not carry out the confiscation edict.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote