New
Find
Notify
Tools

REMINGTON
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
what are the predictions for remington, now that they are no longer a single entity but part of a large conglomerite????

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When Remington started catering to the price whores by offering the imported guns, I believe they started the begining of the end

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that one conglomerate sold to another. Remington was not a stand alone company.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
butch--thanks, will ask who previously owned remington before the recent sale? two canoes

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The deal itself doesn't really take Remington in a new ownership direction. Remington was already owned by two New York private equity firms, Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Company, and Clayton Dubilier & Rice. Clayton Dubilier bought Remington's assets from DuPont in 1993 for $300 million. The Wilmington, Delaware-based chemical company purchased a 60 percent stake in the gunmaker in 1933 and acquired the remaining shares in 1980.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9411043/m/169103356

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington had been big business for quite some time. The 1953 instruction sheet for my Rem 722 bears the DuPont logo just below that of Remington. Wouldn't be surprised to see my next gun marked "Made in China"... most everything else of mine seems to be.

Bud W