Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tulsa gun show
 Login/Join

posted
I am planning on attending the Tulsa Gun Show this year. As a newbie I have a few questions: 1) If you live outside of the Tulsa area, can you pre-purchase your admission tickets online? 2) Do you need to bring extra gun cases to the show so if you purchase a gun, you have a case for it when you leave the show, or do you have to buy a case at the show? 3) Are the exhibitors grouped, exhibitors that primarily sell AR products in a certain area, and big bore rifle exhibitors in another, etc.?

Thanks for your responses, this newbie appreciates the advice.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I can give you my perspective . . . based on one trip to the Tulsa show in November.

(1) Not that I am aware of. That said, purchasing tickets at the door was painless and the wait was non-existent.

(2) I would think you could bring cases, or buy cases, whatever is your pleasure.

(3) No, but it would be great if they were. Everything is the typical gun show jumble, knives next to vintage Winchesters, next to AR parts, next to pistol dealers, next to . . . you get the picture.

It is an incredible show. The size of the show is daunting. It takes every bit of a full day to walk it all.

Mike

Posts: 21092 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
If you have time a 2 hr side trip.

Roger Ak, AG Russell store (knives)

and Springdale, Ak, Daisy bb gun.

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to butt in but I think rich meant Arkansas, should be AR for Arkansas, AK is Alaska.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 580 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
DOH.. you are correct. AR

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
MJ, I think you must be young! I've been going the past five years and it takes at least the two days to see it all...unless you are just walking the rows. Wink

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Been attending as a seller for years. Bring your case no problem there. Buy tickets at door quick and easy. Recommendations- allot 2 days to see the show,have money with you(there are ATM's but they do run out),if you find something you really like try to make the deal right there(if you walk off it will be hard to find again and people go there to buy so it may not be there later). PM me closer to show time and I can probably get you in friday around lunch time. Also if you buy anything you are welcome to leave it at our tables while you continue to walk the show(trust me can walk your legs off). Food and drinks there are typically high and so so at best food wise.If you have specifics you are wanting we may be able to point you to a likely dealler as we know tons of the guys there. Once you go you will return.
Thanks
Wesley

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I just cannot overemphasize how big the show is . . . you walk in on the lower level and say to yourself damn this show is huge, then you realize that it is actually two levels and the upper level may even be bigger than the lower level.

Mike

posted Hide Post
Thank you for all of your extremely useful information.

Did not know the show had two levels.

Hope to see all of you at the show.

Barry Wesley

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . the lower level.

Mike

posted Hide Post
Get your room reserved now. When you get to tulsa on friday check out the north side parking lot, and locate the show attendees doors. Saturday morning be parked no later than 6:00am unless you want to walk long distances outside. ( the show will go 11 miles in the building, 11 acres under one roof. If you know a table holder, see if that person will sell or give you a set up day (fri) badge they are $35.00, otherwise on saturday morning watch the line at door get in it and make sure you have exact money for the ticket as the ticket girls that come outside before the show opens give no change, ferget and your in a long ticket line. Enjoy the show theres nothing else like it.

Posts: 7 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 02 September 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Tulsa show is amazing. Been there twice and now live 80 miles from. I'm fortunate to have a friend displaying his reloading supplies there and have a place to sit when I want. That said I find Oklahoma a virtual plethora of gunshows. There seems to be one within reasonable driving distance every week. Not the caliber of Tulsa, but certainly a way to stay entertained.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Is the Tulsa Gun Show a good venue for purchasing current production guns, or is it mostly directed towards out of current production, unique guns?

Thanks

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wesley timmerman:
Been attending as a seller for years. Bring your case no problem there. Buy tickets at door quick and easy. Recommendations- allot 2 days to see the show,have money with you(there are ATM's but they do run out),if you find something you really like try to make the deal right there(if you walk off it will be hard to find again and people go there to buy so it may not be there later). PM me closer to show time and I can probably get you in friday around lunch time. Also if you buy anything you are welcome to leave it at our tables while you continue to walk the show(trust me can walk your legs off). Food and drinks there are typically high and so so at best food wise.If you have specifics you are wanting we may be able to point you to a likely dealler as we know tons of the guys there. Once you go you will return.
Thanks
Wesley[/QUOTE

Thank your for your offer regarding meeting on. Friday:however, my schedule won't allow me to get to Tulsa until late on Friday.

I would like to know where your display is located at the show as I would like to meet you.

What I am looking for is a bolt action rifle .223 caliber with a 3 position safety like a Ruger Model 77, Weatherby Vanguard II. I am not interested in a high $$ custom, but I am not interested in a rock bottom dollar gun either. Any suggestions as to where to look would be appreciated.

Hope you have a profitable show.

Barry Wesley

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by barryw:
Is the Tulsa Gun Show a good venue for purchasing current production guns, or is it mostly directed towards out of current production, unique guns?

Thanks[/Q
Anything you want. UOTE]

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Oklahoma but in Texas one does not to be a "dealer" to take a booth. Any citizen can do so.Many dealers have booths;sooo the price is the same as at their place of business. The beauty of the gun shows has always been dealing with an individual without a jacked up price.Only my opinion although it is also true.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The same NC. In Missouri too.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the Houston Gun show in 1977 ar Astrohall. It would take you at least 2 days to see it all. Thus if you saw what you wanted you had best buy it because you would never find that booth again. I also find it amazing that the libs tout gun ownership as a negative in our society when the facts are right there to the adverse.C'mon,those folks were'nt there for the jam + jellies + t shirts.Those people do get in but it always been a personal peeve to me that they can do so but if I had a booth at a SAMMI show with guns I would be ostrasized.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I attended for the first time last year, one of those bucket list things. I stayed in a motel about four miles away that had a shuttle; they dropped me off/picked me up right at the front door with 20 minute notice. Worth the extra bucks to stay at such a place.

I managed to walk 95% of the aisles but was just glancing at the stuff on the tables as I wasn't looking for anything in particular. For giggles I started looking for something unique just to see how long it would take; Browning Double Auto in colors; saw a dozen in short order. Then Winchester Model 70 in 225 Winchester; saw three or four in a couple hours. I've been to a couple hundred guns shows and saw stuff at Tulsa that I didn't know existed.

As gun shows go they had pretty good food there.

Bring you walking shoes and a notebook to keep track of where you saw stuff. The size is impressive.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Be prepared to walk, a lot, as in, "March or die". That was a movie. If you can't move fast, you won't see all the tables.
If you spend just ten seconds at each table, which is impossible as the traffic won't allow moving that fast, and remember the tables are on both sides of an aisle, it will take you ten hours to see all the tables. Realistically, in two full days you might be able to look at the tables you want to, but you must move fast and ignore all tables with jam and jellies, knives, new plastic guns, and other assorted crap on them, and look only at collectable stuff. That is how I do it. And true, if you see something, buy it, or risk losing it to another customer; and write down the pole numbers for rows you might want to go back to.
It is huge on two levels.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Pop and I went twice. It was amazing. I saw (and bought) a few "firsts" there. Pachy Dominator in 223 was one.

First trip was Tulsa to St Louis via Branson. Daisy bb gun store, AG Russell on the way.

Second was Tulsa to San Antonio via OK city to see my sister (she was in gaming back then), then Dallas to a work branch office. Saw Chris at Jackson Armory, the Bats in Austin and a friend in Wimberly area.