New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas gun shows
 Login/Join

<Elliot Viker>
posted
My Dad is going to be in Texas the weekend of the 1-25,26 and likely the next wekend also. He is an avid military gun collector and I am wondering if there are any gun shows on those weekends. Thank you in advance.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, geesh, Elliot, Texas is a big place and there are several gun shows somewhere each weekend. For instance, you are just about as close to me as El Paso, give or take a couple of hundred miles. Where is he going to be? Check the back of Gunlist, it has most shows listed.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now Gato, Texas ain't all that big. Why, I once drove plumb to another state in less than two days with only 3 tanks of gas. [Wink]

There is a show in Belton, which is about as close to the "middle" of a state shapped as irregularly as Texas as any place is. Belton is about two hours and a movie preview south of DFW, about an hour north of Austin, and maybe three hours from Houston. From Gato's homestead, he'd be better off going to Little Rock.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek:

Actually, I have never timed it, but can probably be in Little Rock about as fast as I can be in Dallas, under 3 hours I'm guessing. Of course, being a Texan, why would I go to Clinton country, even if he left it?

As far as shows go this weekend there are shows in Longview, Belton, McAllen, Houston(this one is a fairly good sized show, but not THE Houston show), Corpus Christi, Wichita Falls, and Lufkin. That kind of covers most of the areas except the W, NW, and Dallas/FtWorth.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Ain't that big! I've drove from San Antonio to fort Stockton on to El Paso twice. That was enough for me! Leaving San Antonio the sign says you better check the radiator, belts & hoses & have a full tank of gas. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Juneau>
posted
Sure, Texas is big - right - good joke, ha ha! [Big Grin]