New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako's following me home
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I can’t remember if it was Will Rogers or Mae West that said that they had never met a man that they didn’t like. Well I’m about the same way when it comes to Sako Rifes. Especially, the older ones. They seem to like me to as they keep following me home.
Here are several that I have picked up over the last several years. Starting with the laminate thumbhole stock, going either left or right, up or down they are as follows:

S491 action, in bedded laminate stock. Thinking of 19-223, 20 Vartarg(20-221) or Tac 20 set up for VLD bullets
S-491 action heavy barrell rifle, 222 Remington
L461 action, heavy barrelled “Vixenâ€, 222 Remington
L-579 action heavy barreled “Foresterâ€, 243 Winchester
L-579 action “Foresterâ€, 243 Winchester
AV action, laminate stock, Hart SS barrel w/ Vais brake, 280 Ackley Improved
L61R action, heavy barrel, 7mm Rem. Mag.
AV action ,375 H&H w/ brake

I guess I’m rather lucky in that my wife draws the line at girlfriends, dog and cats, but allows me to bring home all the dead animals and guns I want. In fact I informed her that a model 75 stainless synthetic in 300 ultramag had been making passes at me the last couple of days but as of yet I have not succumbed.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet collection! I love the wood on the L461! Also, nice scope selection. Each is not only functional, but looks great!

Too much is just right!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems like all of the SAKO's I meet here in Utah have the same problem. They are lonely and always want to come home with me. I am always happy to oblige. Very nice collection indeed.

Posts: 283 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe Young
posted Hide Post
This L46 flat top followed my dad home about 30 years ago. Scope is early Lyman 10X. To me, PRICELESS!

Posts: 107 | Location: Lake City, FL | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great collection!

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote