New
Find
Notify
Tools

City in NC might sell 1928 Thompsons
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I had to go to the big city to get an MRI done and passed by a newspaper seller at a stoplight. I had to at least read about them.

These look to be in mint condition. I can only drool.

www.journalnow.com/news/local/...9f-0019bb30f31a.html

Posts: 187 | Location: foothills of NC | Registered: 03 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the Thompsons weren't on the National Firearms Act (NFA) register of legal Class III full-auto weapons prior to 1986, they cannot be owned by individuals. They can, however, be donated to a museum.

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poprivit:
If the Thompsons weren't on the National Firearms Act (NFA) register of legal Class III full-auto weapons prior to 1986, they cannot be owned by individuals. They can, however, be donated to a museum.

They were purchased by Mr. Reynolds in 1976 and donated back to the sheriffs office at that time. They had to be transferred to Mr. Reynolds in the sale and donation.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I was selling Class III firearm's at that time, and though my memory may be playing tricks on me, IIRC correctly they could still be sold as sales samples to Class III dealers who have been asked to furnish weapons to PDs and other such entitled buyers. The law has changed again since then though ('98, somewhere round there?) and got even more restrictive. God only knows how Obama's "Treasury Department" (BATF)is interpreting the new law.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have no criminal background, you can obtain a license to own a full auto, but they are very costly last I checked, and must be purchased through a class 111 dealer..but considering the value of a 1928 Thompson, you had better figure on selling the farm, the house in town, and two skyscrapers in downtown Dallas for the down payment.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote