New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waffen Frankonia Wurzbug 98 Mauser?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found one of these in .30-06 in local shop today. I passed but am still thinking about it. I don't know much about German guns. Nothing really wrong with it, about 80% condition, decent walnut cheek pieced stock, double triggers, .30-06, drilled and tapped for Leupold mounts. The double triggers are nice and the reason I'm still thinking about it, probably about 3 ounces when set. I can probably buy it for about $450. Opinions or advice?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm . . . for $450 I can have either a plastic-stocked Remington or Savage, or a classic German stalking rifle with double set triggers and a walnut stock. Hmmm . . . can't decide.

Posts: 13216 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
or.....a 6.5x55 Ruger wood stocked 77. The guy has a year end raise money sale going on. I bought the gun, the double triggers were too neat to pass up.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
For a few bucks more you could have had 2 of the Stevens 200s at Wallyworld.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
For a few bucks more you could have had 2 of the Stevens 200s at Wallyworld.

Ireload:

I'm going to have to work on my value system, obviously it is askew. Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx