Find
Notify
Tools

Mosin-Nagant
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steve box
posted
If I dont tell someone about this I might wet my pants. A few weeks ago I got a Russian Mosin Nagant M91/30 in a trade. I didnt think much about it. A day or two later I orderd some ammo from SOG. The reciever is stamped 1913, It was re barreled in 1941. I didnt think much of this rifle till I shot it. I AM BLOWN AWAY. With 1955 manufactured ammo I am shooting 1 3/4" groups at 100 Yards with open sights. If you want a rifle that you can have a blast with at about 16 cents a round you got to get one. This is the most fun I have had with a rifle and the looks I got at the range the other day was priceless.

Iknowmyspellingsucks!

Following and duplicating a successful persons actions is worth ten thousand hard headed mistakes

Posts: 127 | Location: AL | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are much like the SKS in that regard. Just a ton of fun to play around with. The other good news is they make a very inexpensive "truck gun" here in the west. They are replacing the 30-30 all over Idaho and Oregon and Montana. The cast bullet guys are shooting some sub-moa groups at 100/200yds with a trigger tuneup and some load tinkering. I have seen a local gunsmith convert a couple to 45-70 and the 7.62x54 straight taper-ed up to 375 and 40 caliber.
Cool!!

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Found a bunch of them at Gander Mountain yesterday that looked like new for $139. Been thinking about going back and getting one with the mannlicher-style full stock. They look great.