New
Find
Notify
Tools

rifle value help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an old rifle that I'm going to sell or trade off once I can determine a value range,and I've done a lot of looking but there's not much to go on. It's a Marlin model 37 pump 22 in pretty good condition, it work perfectly and shows some wear and has a serial # 13xx. Any ideas on value range would help a great deal,thanks!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157650134625879/

Posts: 133 | Location: Thermopolis, WY | Registered: 29 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Provided all of the blue is original and the wood finish is original it should be in the $250-$350.These are really neat little pump 22's but they do not command the $$ the Winchester's and Remington's usually do. That's my .02 worth. If you are interested in selling email me at wesleytim@yahoo.com I have a weakness for .22's
Thanks
Wesley

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Based on your pics and the age of the rifle, I would be extremely surprised if it has not been reblued and had the stock refinished.

If original, I think the value would be $500 or more. Therefore, I would be quite a bit above the numbers mentioned above. However, as is (that is in reblued condition), and providing it has a good bore, I would offer $300.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd bet it's been refinished. Value, I truly don't know but the refinish cuts it probably at least 50%.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked my dad about the details of this rifle and he told me that my grand dad had owned and used this rifle back when my dad was a small boy (he is 73 this year), and he thought my grand dad had brought it with him when he moved the farm from Nebraska to northern Illinois in the late thirties, so thats as far back as I can trace history to the rifle. Dad told me that in the late fifties he took it to a gunsmith to replace the firing pin and touch up the bluing. The stock was left original, and has always had the brass butt plate.He also told me that it had at one time a peep site on the tang which doesn't be around anymore. All things considered, it will probably sit in the closet if $300 is all it's valued at, it's a little dishartening to think it's value is equal to say, a Stevens or other hardware store double shotgun in well used condition. Thanks for some great input though guys.

Posts: 133 | Location: Thermopolis, WY | Registered: 29 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a bit disappointing. I have Dad's Mod. 74 Winchester in 22LR and it isn't worth a lot, maybe $400.00

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its worth a million dollars with that family history, that's something money can't buy.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote