Find
Notify
Tools

44AutoMag Price?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
Hi I have a 44AutoMag that I might have to sell. I couldn't find it in the new gun price guide.
It's a TDE ElMonte 6" in excellent condition. I have the factory hardcase, manual and little package of allen wrenches for adjusting the trigger.
I have the form, ream, trim and load dies also. Does anyone know what a fair market price would be for my gun?
TIA Lar.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lar45:

These things have gone up in price quite a bit in the last few years. There was talk about someone starting to make them again, but I think that's fantasy. The don't come up for sale very often, but I did see one in a local gunshop about 5 years ago with the mahogany case, two mags, and most importantly, 80 rounds of factory ammo. The ammo was $100/box by itself. The shop owner was asking $1200.00 for the pistol and case, but I would bet that has gone up. I would think somewhere between $1200.00 to $1500.00 would be about right. That's what I would pay for one if I could find and afford one. I think the dies themselves would be worth a couple hundred dollars. I've attached a link to an Automag website. I think some of the guys selling pistols in the classifieds have been sniffing glue, but I guess everyone has the right to name their own price.

http://www.44automag.org/

Ryan

[ 01-18-2003, 09:40: Message edited by: Big_R ]

Posts: 425 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
years ago my buddy had a wildey 45 minchester mag, and we both had interests in the large autos...and it seems to me that even 15 years ago they were going for $2000...because we said the wildey at around $1100 was way cheaper! and more powerful!....dont know what they go for now, but its hard to believe guns ever go down in value , especially when you get another 15 years behind them!....bob

Posts: 125 | Location: ct | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Last year, at the Greensboro, NC gunshow, there was a seller with one and eight boxes of factory ammo for 2500. Most of the dealers around here are asking 2000-2500 or so for them. The 357 amp generally goes for about 1500-1750. I saw one with dies for 1600 last year. I paid 100 for the hard case for mine. There is also a small oil bottle that came with them. The empty oil bottle usually sells for about 20. The allen wrench bag usually sells for about the same. I have seen the owner's manual go for over 100. I got mine for 20, I think. There used to be a machinegun collector in New York that had any and everything you need for them. He was up on all the variations and prices. He moved and I lost touch with him. I hope this has helped you in some way.

Posts: 7 | Location: Down south | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote