Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-64 Winchester Super Grade value?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted
I have a line on a nice pre-64 in original condition. It is a .375 Super Grade, with express sights and it has a 1 piece scope base attached. Approx. 95% condition, clean bore, good wood. Any opinions on a fair price? I haven't bought or sold one of these in a while.

I think it was made in the early 50s, s/n 210xxx.

[ 12-30-2002, 04:07: Message edited by: Greg R ]

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Savage 99>
posted
I would want to see it of course. It's details like a crack in the stock, that the mount is a side mount or someones name is carved in it somewhere that decrease the value.

Maybe it's worth $2000. It depends if it's fine enough for a collector to go for. If it is then the price does not have to make sense.

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
The stock is good. No cracks that I could see and the wood was exceptional. The mount is on the top of the receiver, BUT it apears that there was at one time a side mount and that the holes were filled. I am talking with the guy via e-mail, so I am looking at digital pics, not at the gun. He has a good rep, so I am not worried about getting the gun as described. I just want to make sure i don't pay too much or make an insulting offer. I am interested in a FAIR price.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote