New
Find
Notify
Tools

W.J.Jeffery info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have a listing of serial numbers for Jeffery rifles? I recently bought a bolt actioned rifle in .375 HH and would like to be able to find some information about it, but it's pretty vague looking it up on the net. I'm sure I just dont know the right buttons to push, but so far not much luck.
The gun is a mauser action with the adress of 9 Golden Square, Regency ST. London.
Serial number is 40445
All I have been able to find so far is that they were at that address from around 1921-1955. The latest information is that they were last purchased by J.Roberts and Son and moved to the U.S. Was it just the name that was purchased? Is that the latest owner and would they still have the records?

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy,

J Roberts and Son are still an active company Jroberts. Have you contacted them?

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link.
I saw the name but took a bit of reading to see they are “affiliated” with Jeffery, although still based out of true UK. Will have to try contacting them.

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure how many on this forum are Jeffery owners, but just to follow up; J.Roberts no longer has the records, they are now with Richard Newgass
rnewgass@wjjeffery.com in the UK.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are they still making rifles?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
regrettably, I can't tell from the answer I have recieved to date. All I got from my inquiry was that the records "are held by the owners in the U.S". Not sure of any production status.
Records are limited to the production ledger only, and the specifications when the gun was built. Not holding out much hope for the provenace trail I was looking for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to find out anything about them other than date of manufacture. Ive owned 4 in double rifles and all were 450-400s, two were 450-400-3" and
one 450-400-3-25''..Great DG working guns.little heavy at near 11 lbs but nice to shoot..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote