New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Model 54
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Came across a Win. Model 54 30-06. Read that they are fairly rare (around 50,000 made). The post says "1926 model 54 30-06 over all in good shape, some pitting, stock dings and discoloration, bore is bright excellent rifling." The gentleman is asking $375. Good buy? Any help is appreciated!

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would buy it immediately. Even as a truck gun it is a goo buy!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sold! to me. Going to pick up after work.After doing a bunch of reading and asking my dad, im pretty excited about this rifle. I am excited to see the accuracy that is talked about with it.

Posts: 98 | Location: N.MI to NE,IN | Registered: 02 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure like the sound of that deal. Hope it's in good shape bore wise as they say. If you can give us a few pic's.

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bore is in VERY good condition. The right side wood is stained..some rust spots on right side (maybe it was laying on its side for a while) but overall ii feel that is in pretty dang good condition for the $$. And boy is that action smooooth! I will try and get some pics up. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I paid $375 in 1986 for one in '06. It will do 1 MOA all day with 180s and IMR 4350.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you did good. Any Buba work on it?
Need some pics

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Nice score! Congrats!

I found a Model 54 several years back chambered in .30 WCF. Schweet! Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost 50 years ago when I was in Alaska an older friend had a Mod 54 in .270 Win that he bought new as a teenager. He had taken many elk, caribou, moose and sheep (to include grand slam) with it. His kids had also taken many moose and caribou with it. I saw nothing wrong with it.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These Winchesters are now bringing about $900 in nice condition, one with pits and in only fair condition such as you describe is sure worth $600 minimum, as the action alone is worth $500.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote