New
Find
Notify
Tools

couple of engraved .45 Rugers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just checking for interest on a couple of older Rugers I picked up a while back. Stainless Vaqueros with engraving by Jim White in Alaska. He said they were 100% engraved; I call them about 80%. One has ebony grips and the other has Alaskan sheep-horn grips. I was originally thinking about having the mountain-horn grip replaced with an ivory grip, but just ran out of time and interest.
Never fired, bought 'em 'cause I just like the looks of them and I was in my "engraved guns" phase.
If there's an interest I'll try to post some photos. FWIW I asked a friend who's a Colt factory-certified engraver if he could do a little more on them and he finally told me he couldn't.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You have to post a price.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
And photos depicting the style of engraving would be very helpful to those of us who are interested.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm mildly interested depending on price.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Post prices or the thread will be moved out fo the Classifieds.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Moved.

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apologies - wasn't sure where to post that and I'm away from them at the moment. Hadn't even thought about them until I saw the two Rugers for sale in the classifieds. I'll try to do mo' betta in a couple of days.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote