THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12" barrel on 3 screw Ruger Super Blackhawk?
 Login/Join

posted
I have had this pistol offered to me to buy, but anything I read says that there wasn't a 12" barrel offered from the factory. Does anybody know if this would have been a special order barrel, or an aftermarket barrel? It's the old model (3 screw) and hasn't been converted. I have the chance to buy it for $600.00 Canadian ($350.00 US) and want to know if it's worth it.

Posts: 31 | Location: Central BC, Canada | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I forgot to mention, it's a 4 digit serial number, so is fairly early production.

Posts: 31 | Location: Central BC, Canada | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
Go to therugerforum.com. Scroll down to "Vintage Rugers". Ask there. Flatgate or Weaselmeatgravy will give you the best answer. If it is authentic and in 99% shape, sounds good to me. From what I read, almost any 3 srew in grest shape is worth 300 to 350. More if you have box,papers and slip case. Low serial no's and unuual variations add value. Be sure to include as much info for them as possible

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help, Cowboy.
The Rugerforum site fellas are very helpful. I'll post results here as they come in.

one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
You are most welcome. I have been following the post. Hope its a rare variation, but I bet its an after mkt bbl. LOL

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I think you're right about it being an aftermarket job. Oh well, I'll shoot it , and if it shoots well I'll buy it anyway. We don't seem to have the choices of weapons up here in the north country. It'll probably get kind of beat up with me anyway. I'll be using it when I'm out in the north country looking for the "motherlode. I'm still going to contact the factory tomorrow to see what they have to say about it.