New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 94 classic
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Winchester 94 classic hex bbl in 30-30.
It was bought in the early 90's I think, not sure. It is in new condition, never fired. The gold plated loading gate never had a round passed through it. The lever shows no sign of ever being worked, Stock has a tiger striped walnut with checked steel but plate. There is a Winchester bronze pocket knife marked 1991 and saddle ring with it. Did the gun come with a knife?

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There have been a bunch of Winchester "collector" sets that include knives or some other complementary piece.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/95...0-30-Consignment.htm

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I remember in the late 60's when they were "eaten up" with the ideas of making commemoratives about anything. The only one I thought of personal value was the Theodore Roosevelt,but that's just me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I remember in the late 60's when they were "eaten up" with the ideas of making commemoratives about anything. The only one I thought of personal value was the Theodore Roosevelt,but that's just me.

Legendary Frontiersman for me, best looking 94 they ever made after 1964.

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loiblb:
I have a Winchester 94 classic hex bbl in 30-30.

Are you sure that rifle has a HEX barrel, and not an OCTEGON (Eight sides)barrel? I don't think I have ever seen a Winchester with a HEXAGON (six sides) barrel!
Back in the early 70s, and 80s Winchester did a lot of collector sets for just about everything you can think of, and I don't doubt the knife was probably part of the set!

…………………………………………………. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it eight sided barrel. It has a look like the end cap and receiver that looks like black chrome.

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I only have one Winchester Commemorative-my Dad's 1869-1969 Golden Spike Centennial. I also have a Colt Frontier Scout Revolver to match the rifle. Both are new, never shot.