New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value determination Walther PPK
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Walther PPK in 7.65m/m or .32Auto. Made between 1941-1945. 4th variation with the letter K on the right of the serial number. Has the eagle stamp on the barrel and near the ejection port on the slide. Has faded writings on the slide: " Walther Zella-Mehlis Thur." 7 rounder, 580 grams. 70% condition.Black plastic grip with a crack.
I tried to determine value but discovered value all over the board. I am hoping someone with insight can chime in.
Much appreciated.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I just realized I put it on the wrong forum.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I moved it for you.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At one time Walther's were the top of line small pistols.

Not any more there are so many lighter and smaller ones now.

Price depends on how bad you want to sell it.

I worked hard to sell a very nice95% plus PPK in 32acp finely traded it for rifle. Just about broke even.

I don't trade guns with dealers.

The dealer looked it over and over after we exchanged guns and money did the paper work.

I was walking out the door the dealer picked it up again. Looked and me and said it 32acp I said yes it says so right on the pistol.

He then said if I knew that I wouldn't have taken it. Or what he meant I wouldn't have gave you what I did.

Never brought another 32acp after that.

Unless you find a collector that really wants a well used Nazi marked Walther.

Price in on the cheap and get rid of it.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you.

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Hi,
When you say faded writings on the slide, do you think it's been reblued? They were acid-etched markings so they weren't real deep to begin with.

Some collectors like to have some like yours where they can take them out and shoot, and the 32 is the caliber to have for that function-wise.

The post-war models are almost always PPK/s models so they have a longer frame, which means you usually have to go to wartime and prewar to get the original dimensioned PPK.

Without a pic I'm not sure dollar wise. Best advice I could give is search completed gunbroker auctions to see what has sold in your condition and base your pricing on that. It's at least a borderline and what I do.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
300H&H thank you. I will try to post photos tomorrow. The writing is very fine and I have to use a magnifier to make it out. The etching explains the fine print.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Based on gunbroker selling prices, and given the condition issues, it will bring at least $450-500 and maybe more.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo Thank you

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Looks good. The Walther slide markings on the late war (I think yours is 1944) are commonly thin and harder to read. Good original finish that doesn't look to have been fired much.

I'd say somewhere in the 500 range would be an accurate valuation for sure.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
300H&H Thanks