THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liquidating 40 Savage model 99s / Questions...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This collection is everything from rare to everyday rifles. some take down - some with the original cases.
Would you slowly sell them off on GB or offer them as one huge lot.
What areas of the country are they the most sought after?
They are not mine - I have been asked to get some input for the owner.

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want the maximum value, you'll have to sell them individually. But if time means anything, you might sell the rare ones individually and wholesale the common in smaller lots.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
You don't have to sell all individually and you don't have to sell as one lot. You might consider taking the best ones and selling those separately. You could also sell the more common ones individually or in one or more lots. Perhaps some configurations go well together. For example, if you had a few featherweights that were identical in every way but caliber then that might make a good lot.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If there are 38/55s,25/35s,32/40s, 284 W, 358 W.,or 7/08, in the lot,I'd suggest separate sales on those. And if you are going to GunBroker or GunAuctions with any of those, please alert....Nate

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I'd second Nate's advice above, and add Guns International as a good place to sell as well. I'd probably use all three sites.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'd also suggest consigning them with a reputable dealer who understands collectible Savages and who has alot of contacts. I recently sold some rifles from my collection through a dealer I trust, he charged 15%, and in most cases obtained higher selling prices than those I suggested. I didn't have to spend time taking pictures, posting them to a website, packing & shipping, answering emails and taking phone calls from tire-kickers, etc., well worth the 15%.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id sell the collectables in an auction such as James Julia. then sell the more common rifles on Guns International, Gun Broker, Guns America and on AR classified..

You can get a pretty good idea of value by searching these places and checking their prices but be aware some folks tend to put a ridiculasly high price on them and are just looking for a sucker, most are legitimately priced, some are real bargain priced, some sell too low because the seller just has no clue or is misinformed, so look at them all and take an average might be the best advise.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41812 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote