THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Collecting    Krieghoff M98 30'06 [if you ever see this gun again]

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff M98 30'06 [if you ever see this gun again]
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
About ten years ago or more I was in a mad pursuit of a Mannlicher Sch 1903 6.5x54mm...I stumbled across this post WWI M98 in 30'06...in a messed up communication between myself and the gun dealer I lost the opportunity to buy this amazing rifle. To this day I want it! It had been on the Internet for a long time and had been passed up.

I am dead serious about buying this rifle when or if it ever shows up again.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Don't limit yourself to a Krieghoff. Mauser, Sauer, Merkel, Simpson, Haenel, Schilling and other pre-war Suhl shops all made similar rifles. Best place to find one if not the websites would be major shows like Vegas, Tulsa, or the major auction houses.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
its that rifle itself i want

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a beauty and classic as they come. You don't usually find a front peep sight dove tailed like this one. We all have lost an opportunity here and there. I hope it shows up again and you get it.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, if it was really the burning issue with me that it seems to be with you, I'd contact the dealer who sold it and offer him twice or more what it is worth and see if he can track it down for you.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
he died

one of us
posted Hide Post
That makes contact a little more difficult. Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is about as "wow!!" as a rifle gets...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Essentially the same rifle w/o set triggers, side panels & front peep sight: OberndorfSporter

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Krieghoff

I know but I will buy this oneand still want the Krieghoff so there is really no point.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Last little bump and glimmer of hope?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sent you a pm

Posts: 43 | Location: zim | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote