THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Collecting    Value of NIB Browning Centential Edition 9MM Hi Power

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of NIB Browning Centential Edition 9MM Hi Power
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of my neighbors just had her husband die and she is trying to raise enough cash to bury him; therefore, she is selling off some stuff and she has this pistol. Any idea of the value? I don't have a Blue Book anywhere handy, so I can't look it up.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a lot of different special models.

Is this the version?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/classifieds/none/_976694151.aspx

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a personal opinion of someone who is not a Browning collector, but I think that model would be REALLY hard to sell for anything like the numbers on that Gunsamerica link.

If it is not dead new in the box, with all the papers, etc. I' put it at $500 or maybe a bit more and that might be high since it is no longer really desirable to collectors.

OTOH, given the circumstanaces, if I knew the guy, I'd pay all it was worth and maybe more.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Gunsamerica listing is different from the Centennial, I believe. The Centennial is a somewhat earlier product that is chrome finished with rather extensive engraving.

I sold a "plain" chromed Hi Power about two years ago for $700. I'm surprised at what they seem to bring. I would think that a NIB Centennial would bring some bit more than my gun did -- actually quite a bit more.

I do, however, agree that a listing price on an internet ad or auction is meaningless; only a winning bid provides an indicator, and that indicator may or may not represent the broader market.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote