The Accurate Reloading Forums
Values Guides

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1221043/m/6541070932

11 February 2018, 05:14
CJWinWA
Values Guides
I've reached the point where Ive decided to drastically cut the size of my collection. In the past I have rarely sold a firearm, but when I did, I used the Blue Book, and did a bit of Internet searching to determine values.

I'm looking for opinions on what resources are best these days?
10 March 2018, 17:44
David A Whipple
Im told the NRA blue book

SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
31 May 2018, 08:50
NormanConquest
The Blue Book appears to be more of a guide than value carved in stone.It always comes down to what the market will bear.A good case in point; I have a 1926 Colt New Service W/ Factory pearl grips in .45 L.C. The book values this at $3500.00 W/ an additional 40% for the grips.98%. That being said,I get no bites at listing for sale at $2000.00. But then again I have several others for sale + no one is buying. Sign of the times? I wish you good luck in thinning your herd.

Never mistake motion for action.
05 July 2018, 19:17
Pa.Frank
Agree. The NRA Bluebook is a great example of wishful thinking... Plus that information is anywhere from a year to 18 months old the day the book hits the printers..

It shows a colt Diamondback 22 at $3000, but the highest completed sale on GB int eh last 90 days was $2300, and that was for a 2 1/2" which brought the premium.. all 4 and 6 inchers brought around 1300..

the best estimate can be taken from GB or Auction Arms completed auctions..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne
29 June 2019, 21:10
MacD37
I agree! gun "so called blue books" are simply a real guess as to the actual value one can expect to get for any firearm. Condition and the current sales are a far better indicating info. However one can use the "blue book" to form an asking price for one you want to sale. Roll Eyes

…………………………………………………………………. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

30 June 2019, 03:02
p dog shooter
quote:
the best estimate can be taken from GB or Auction Arms completed auctions..

And then it is a good guess what it well bring in a local market.

The best prices seem to be had at local auctions.

if your selling real rare stuff and have lot of it then one of the major houses.

But then when one adds the costs involved it might just pay to discount them and move them.