New
Find
Notify
Tools

greener martini harpoon gun ?s
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i hav e been trying to find info on these guns with little success ,does anyone know what one is worth? where would you find one ? tried all over the internet with the only results being someone drinking a martini whilst harpooning some aquatic creature

Posts: 148 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember that Guns and Ammo magazine did an article on them several years ago.Sorry I cant say which date.

Bravo five one

Posts: 109 | Location: New Mexico,USA | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With Quote
<fortune>
posted
I saw one at a gunsmiths the other week first and only one I've ever seen. Didn't ask any questions or get it out of the rack though. Not my bag!!
Fortune

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
My question here would be is this actually a harpoon gun, or a line throwing gun, used to project a rope from one ship to another?
Griz

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
<Juneau>
posted
Grizzly,

It is actually a harpoon gun. I saw one many years ago up here (Alaska). That natives used it for harpooning marine mammals. It seems to me that it was built on a Martini action - but having no interest at the time, didn't pay very close attention to it.

Didn't they have some kind of shoulder fired harpoon gun in the original "Jaws" movie??

one of us
posted Hide Post
in two jaws movies they used martini harpoon guns in the movie deep blue sea they used a savage synthetic stainless converted to a harpoon gun

Posts: 148 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
<fortune>
posted
Hey Kos
I forgot to ask the obvious question.
"What the bloody hell are you going to shoot with a harpoon gun?
Have you got my e-mail yet?

one of us
posted Hide Post
fortune,yes i did get your email thanks .what am i going to shoot with it ? um , arrr sharks well thats my fantasy at the moment!