Notify
Tools

Sako stock
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted
Howdy all,

I've been offered a thousand dollars for a sako classic stock I have by a gentleman from Sweden. Is it very difficult to ship overseas? I wasn't planning on selling but now I'm thinking about it.

AV beauty

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no not really, but you need to make sure how the guy wants it declared and what value he wants it declared at, as he may have to pay some fees on it based on cost--just make sure you and he are in full agreement and understand each other----chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice stock!

Exporting "gun parts" has gotten a little dicey since the 9-11 hysteria hyped by the Bushies.

Although it is clearly just an inert chunk of wood, if some Customs zealot identifies it as a "firearms component" it could present you some problems.

I would suggest checking with the Customs service to assure that you don't get a thousand dollar piece of merchandise tossed in some bureaucratic purgatory. I would also suggest getting your Swedish buyer to send you a note absoving you of any liability if it fails to clear Swedish customs.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
well, I decided to decline his offer...for now.

I'm sure it will be sold for $50.00 after I die.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 397 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote