Find
Notify
Tools

serial numbers on Parker shot gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello the campfire:
Does any one have the year of manufacture/serial number ledger for Old Parker shotguns? Also is one able to tell the Grade by the serial number?
I have one that I have has for some time and am just now getting around to working it up. Right now it is at the Smith's, having a small dent taken out of the right barrel, so I can not give the serial number, but would ike to look it up when I get her back. I also ned a Butt Plate. This one was a user and has a lot of the engraving worn off. Thh Blueing is good, the wood in the stock soes not match the forearm in quailty. It was broken and replaced. It belonged to a bird hunter who used it a lot.
Thanks
Judge Sharpe

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can go to www.parkergun.org when you have the gun back and go to the link your parkers age. Type the serial number and it will give you the date of mfg. You can also use this site to help you determine what grade your gun is.

Posts: 53 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is how they are graded
1) Invincible grade
2) A-1 Special = #8 grade
3) AA = #7
4) A = #6
5) B = #5
6) C = #4
7) D = #3
8) G = #2
9) V = #1
H = Hammerless
E = auto ejectors
for the single barrels
1) SA1S =#8
2) SAA =#7
3) SA = #6
4) SB = #5
5) SC = #4

If you look at your serial # above IT should be a letter a-b-c-d ect. Below it should be a Number 1-2-3-4 ect ect use this scale and you will know what you got. And just my two cents the best and only man to work on your PARKER is Larry delgrego ILlion NY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the list and explination if the grade system. I have used the gunsmith who has it for several years and trust him to not get in over his head. I will Call Larry Delgrego when I have some more money on it. I nt to do a lot of the work my self, but the final restoration needs an expert.
Judge Sharpe

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is this Parker worth ? I have a D grade O frame 16 ga . It has skeleton bt plate and circassian walnut stock,concave rib. Bores are very good . Overall conditon is good. Serial No 91758

Thanks, Clay

Posts: 205 | Location: Mt . Orab OHIO | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm more into the singles but if you check on www.gunsamerica.com you may find what other people are getting
good luck