Find
Notify
Tools

Mod. 94 30-30
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Roll EyesI am holding this rifle for a widow lady friend of mine. The wood and metal are in pretty good condition. The bore looks just fine. The action and loading tube looks to have never been blued. The barrel is a slightly darker but not blue by any stretch of the imagination. Everything in the action seems like a German Virgin --Goot un tight.
Serial # 3604590

Can anyone give me a ball park figure what it is worth? Thanks beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
Roll EyesI am holding this rifle for a widow lady friend of mine. The wood and metal are in pretty good condition. The bore looks just fine. The action and loading tube looks to have never been blued. The barrel is a slightly darker but not blue by any stretch of the imagination. Everything in the action seems like a German Virgin --Goot un tight.
Serial # 3604590

Can anyone give me a ball park figure what it is worth? Thanks beer roger

Checking this page:
http://www.winchesterguns.com/...canned-Documents.pdf

Not particularly old, not pre-64, not pre-War, figure $500 plus or minus?

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
tu2Thanks, Dave? Does your avatar indicate that you had some experience on attack planes?
beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
tu2Thanks, Dave? Does your avatar indicate that you had some experience on attack planes?
beerroger

Yessir.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If the action and barrel were never blued it might be some sort of commemorative. Or worn off; the bluing on the post 64 receivers comes off easy as the receivers are sintered metal, and drill like iron. These post 64 94s are just shooters and don't bring much.....unless you find someone who doesn't know 94s.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd figure it at $250 and would be extremely happy to get that. I wouldn't pay that for it as described.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote