New
Find
Notify
Tools

1853 sharps rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 1853 sharps rifle. Serial number 18162. 32" half Oct half round bbl (which I'm told is 1 of about 110)? .45 caliber with double set triggers. In what I would consider good shape. No missing pieces. Dark finish on stocks. Nice patina and a good bore. Any sharps gurus on here wanna take a stab at a ballpark value? Thanks.

I'm what you call your basic famous.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone?

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You have a rare Sharps percussion sporting rifle; (unless it was converted to cartridge) value depends on finding a collector who wants it. And condition of course. I would put it in a big auction house, but there is a risk,, but also you get far more, worldwide, publicity.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
I will give a range condition dependent. $1200-2200.There 3 in Tulsa that I saw and I didn't get to walk around much. 1 was a parts gun $800,1 was 85% original condition $5500 and 1 was a typical brown patina Sharps and it was $1500.These prices are how I am giving this range.Just my opinion.

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
You have a lovely rifle. If you let it go, make sure it goes to a good home. Do you know if it has been in California since the 1850s?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That sir I do not know....