New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disassembling French 1935A pistol
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got this pistol today and do not know how to disassemble it for cleaning, internet search turned out nothing, help needed!

Pyrotek

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As best I can from memory of when I had one...

Using the palm of your hand, compress the slide rearward while applying pressure to the slide lock on the side without the thumbpad. After the slide travels rearward further enough, the slide lock will release while under pressure. Pull it out. (I forget if it is a link pin or an intergral barrel shoe that holds the assembly together, but that is irrelevant)
At this point, the slide/bbl top end will slide off (forward, I think). From there, it's just a matter of removing the recoil spring and sliding out the barrel.

Sorry this is a bit ambigious, but if I had it here in front of me I could do it blindfolded.

When reassembling the top-end to the frame, make sure to have the hammer already cocked.

I always loved it because it was like a little mini Sig P210 (For those who don't know- The Sig P210 ($2000 pistol) is mechanically based on the 35A [Smile] . Notice the how the side rides in the rails? And the shape of the gun is exactly the same as a 210)

If you can't get the hang of it, keep plugging away. Whatever you do, don't give up, or else you will be the first man in history to be defeated by something French [Eek!]

[ 04-09-2003, 08:29: Message edited by: McUZI ]

Posts: 101 | Location: MD, CT, DE, ME, DC, sometimes NY, but never NJ | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I always loved it because it was like a little mini Sig P210
quote:
don't give up, or else you will be the first man in history to be defeated by something French
[Big Grin] lol

I just knew someone on the forum will be able to help out. At the moment of typing this reply, I've disassembled/cleaned/oiled the pistol--- Thanks again McUZI . Using my thumb on the little nub was painful but to persist in front of something of French origin, I pushed the takedown nub against my kneecap instead, and VOILA! , off it came.

The pistol is probably the best looking pistol in the history of military small arms yet it cost me only 200$CDN. It is so light(All steel, but weigh like a Glock), thin(thinner than a Tokarev), and well made, it's a joy to behold, it will look even better after a good finish is applied, but until the parkerizing worn out on this gun, it will stay the way it is now.

The last thing bothering me is the ammo,
Old Western Scrounger seem to have them but can't import(Canadian) without licence now. It is said that the company makes their cases with .32 S&W Long cases by trimming away the rim, cut a new extractor groove, and trim to length. I experimented a little with .30 Carbine cases on my lathe hours ago but no definite success by far.

Pyrotek

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I absolutley love the design.
I have access to a shop, and wish I had blueprinted the dimensions of that gun part-for-part so I could have made a new one using an existing barrel of some sort.

It would make a FANTASTIC carry pistol.
Slim, ultra light, yet good sight radius..

The French got it right with that little gem...

[ 04-09-2003, 22:19: Message edited by: McUZI ]

Posts: 101 | Location: MD, CT, DE, ME, DC, sometimes NY, but never NJ | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote