Find
Notify
Tools

Old war gun AX145?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted
This will probably be an easy one for you guys. What is this, what caliber and what is it worth?

The bayonet is fully functional. The markings on the receiver are "1953", "AX145" and a stamping that looks like a couple of wheat sheeves or wings around 3 vertical marks. Also an encircled "V" stamp. No visible serial number.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moisin Nagant, M44 (I think that is the model number), 7.62x54R (about the equivilant of a 30-06). This is a very popular surplus rifle, they sell for around $100, give or take, in like new condition.

Posts: 1635 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
keep it they are fun to shoot and collect I have a m-91 that was a finn capture and for as old it is it shots really well... its big and ugly but I wouldn't wanna face the front end of it... either the bullets or that wicked spike bayonet on it.....

Mr. Kristen Waller

Posts: 17 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These were made in a lot of countries. Wheat sheaves? I would guess Hungarian. I ordered what was supposedly a hungarian one and got one wih the receiver marked 11 in a circle, which is Polish. Last year of manufacture was 1954, so this is a late edition.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of teroenza
posted Hide Post
Good site and info here
-Josh

Duty to your country means more than a ribbon magnet on the back of your car.

Posts: 105 | Location: Tabb-VA-USA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote