Find
Notify
Tools

COLT POLICE POSITIVE SPECIAL
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
in 32-20 WCF. ser # 30903X U
belonged to my wifes grandmother. she carried it on her horse on their ranch in the new mexico mountains around the 30s. and MAY have been carried by HER mother. any infor is appreciated

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Serial # indicates mfg. 1910/11. Nice old revolvers.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
John, let me know if you want some free ammo. I have a box or so loaded before my S+W 1st model H.E. was stolen.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sure. i have none. probably hasn't been shot since the 20s or 30s.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, P.M. me an address + I'll send you what I have. Sorry for the delay, I haven't checked this forum in a few days.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.M. replied to. Call me you're ready.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one with a 6" barrel which was traded to my grandfather for groceries during the Depression of the 1930's. The bore is marginal and the cylinder sometimes needs a little help rotating to the fully locked position, but the cleaver advancing hand design of the Colt assures that the cylinder is pushed fully into battery when trigger pressure is applied. As far as accuracy, several barn sides have been successfully taken with this revolver.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can relate. I have a 1926 Colt New Service in .45 L.C. that I bought from a kid who got it from his grandfather who acquired many guns during the depression as he would not loan money but was willing to buy guns. Smart man.