THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Collecting    SMITH 41 .22 4 digit 7 3/8 w/brake Need year and Value

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMITH 41 .22 4 digit 7 3/8 w/brake Need year and Value
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
I am considering selling this MINT,MINT Ole 41-.22,4 digit number(982X)as it just sits lonely in the safe!I would like to get a fair price for it,so help is appreciated..Thanks!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a list in front of me but I think it was made in the late 50s or maybe 1960. Assuming as described I'd think between $700 and $850 is a good price. I wouldn't pay that, but some will. I'm in at $650, last of the cheap buyers Wink. BTW, it sold new for less than $100 retail.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thankyou...any one else?

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Kid,
I have a 4 digit 41, lower number than yours. Made in 1961. I took it into a Cabelas for apprasial. they said $1000.00. It is in excellent condition with box, papers and extra mag. Take this info for what it is worth.

Posts: 5697 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the lat couple i've seen at shows are in the 750-850 class unless they are EFS's - if you check rimfire central they have the list matching serial #'s to the year made

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
THANKS GUYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Getting much closer to the date, I'd say it was made in October of 1958, but that could be off a month or so.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Do you still have the SW 41? Do you have the box? Condition? If you do, please send to wkeeney@mastercampers.com.

Posts: 7 | Location: Marysville, CA | Registered: 24 April 2007Reply With Quote