New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 22 Auto
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up this pair of FN 22's. They are in great shape and I only gave $500 for the pair so I am quite pleased. The pump is the "Trombone" model later imported to the States under the Browning name. I can not find any info on the semi-auto though. Of course it is the Browning patent and looks most like the Rem M24 but it is an FN. Can anyone help with the semi?

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You should be ashamed of yourself! Probably robbed some poor widow; took the food right out of the mouth of an orphan. I just wish that I could have beaten you to it!

As with the "trombone", many of the Browning-labled guns that were imported to the U.S. were labled "F.N." for European sales. It is likely that both of your guns were originally retailed in Europe, then subsequently imported to the U.S.

There were nearly always subtle differences between the "FN's" and the "Brownings". I see that the stock checkering on the auto is something different than that seen on the corresponding Browning.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was a heck of a deal. Both guns are Canadian imports (I bought them here in Alberta) and are labeled:

FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL BELGIQUE

The only reference to Browning are the words "BROWNING PATENT DEPOSE" beneath the above words. They are dandy little guns.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boxhead, the semi looks to be an FN top loader. With the checkering it would be a type 2. Not a whole lot of info on these. I had a type 1 and type 2 with the type 1 having the orignal box.
In my area, not much value to the Browning collector but find the right FN collector and you have a gold mine. Big Grin
You did indeed steal these at that price.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote