New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin model 30G
 Login/Join

<Eric J>
posted
I have a model 30G, yes G. The gun was nickle plated and had a fancy grade wood. I can't find any reference in any book on it. I have found info on an E model, but no F or G. Any ideas about this gun? Btw, it's a 20 gauge and it is probably no more than NRA 60% if that good. [Confused]

[ 12-22-2002, 19:40: Message edited by: Eric J ]

<'Trapper'>
posted
Only reference I have ever seen to the Model 30G was here:
"WARNING: Owners of Older Marlin Pump Shotguns. Do Not Fire any of the following Marlin pump shotguns under any circumstances. These guns were not designed for use with modern factory or handloaded ammunition, and firing could cause injury or death. Models: 1898, 16, 17, 19, 19G, 19N, 19S, 21, 24, 24G, 26, 28, 30, 30G, 31, 42, 43, 44, 49, 49N, 53, 63. Marlin has been running this ad in a couple magazines. Didn't think they'd mind if I helped spread the word. Cowboy Action Shooters, take note."Probably not what you wanted to hear.
"Shoot straight, shoot safe and shoot a lot!"
Regards,

<Eric J>
posted
Trapper, Thanks for the reply. It hasn't been shot in more than 20 years, with no intensions on doing so. May go over the mantle one day, but thats about as serious as it will get.