New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Inn Museum in Dearborn, Mich.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guess this is the best location on the board for this question. A friend asked me to try & find out about this museum consisting of the 10,000 firearm collection of Andy Palmer. It was in Dearborn a number of years ago. Anyone with any current info on it? Is it still there & open to the public? Any other info you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance to all. Bear in Fairbanks

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I lived just 1/2 mile from the old Military Inn. It was on the corner of Telegraph and Warren Ave. From what I remember all or most of the guns were sold off before the Inn was closed and demolished. What a loss to all. We were just kids when it went away. I am talking very early 60's.

Posts: 428 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I remember that place too, probably around 1962 or thereabouts. It was on the SW corner there and left a lasting impression on me.

Another neat (Michigan) place was Richland Arms in Blissfield, Michigan. As I recall ( I was about 9 years old), the owner had a fur business and he spun off into a gun business. There was quite a gun collection in his fur store.

Williams Gun Sight was quite a place back in the mid 60's. I recall being introduced to Elmer Keith there in about 1967.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike & Matt: Thanks for the responses. This is the kind of info I was looking for. You guys have a good day & good shooting. Bear in Fairbanks

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote