New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser
 Login/Join

<ty>
posted
I have a mauser that I would like some info on and a value.It is a model 98 257 roberts,it has a lyman alaskan 21/2 power scope,redfield solder on front sight and a 3 leaf sight on the back.the stock is fine line checkered with bone buttplate and fore arm tip.there is a name in the stock
La Bantchni.The only numbers are 3681 on the bbl,stock and action and a g inside an oval.the action has been made smaller so no crest or names.
Any help would be appreciated.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Can post a close up photo of the action ?

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<ty>
posted
Sorry I dont have a digital camera

<ty>
posted
I found out it is a mexican mauser,Nice rifle but not worth a whole lot.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Ty- Mexican Mausers aren't worth lots of money (unless finely and extensively gunsmithed) but are great actions on which to build a custom rifle in a short-medium length cartridge. They are the only short-medium length small-ring 98 Mauser, to my knowledge. Great for lightweight 250-3000, 6.5x55, 7x57, 243, 308, 358, etc.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<the-moleman>
posted
ty,

You have a private message about this thread.

Kurt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a rifle by Jules La Bantchni, who was at 1708 17th St.Santa Monica, CA after WWII. If you will send me some more info I can help. mjpetrov@acsalaska.net

[ 03-17-2003, 08:39: Message edited by: akguy ]

posted Hide Post
Don't do any thing foolish hang on to this rifle for a while it is worth more than you think it is.

Posts: 15 | Location: SE North Carolina | Registered: 19 March 2003Reply With Quote
<ty>
posted
Sorry I have not looked at this thread for a long time.
Thanks everyone for the info

[ 03-20-2003, 06:00: Message edited by: ty ]