New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price Check M1922 30 Cal. Match
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Am looking to get a value on this rifle that I have. According to the book I have it is a "Match, Caliber .30 M1922". Straight taper breech to muzzle, 24 in. barrel. Breech, 1.25" dia., 0.875" at muzzle, front sight stud integral with barrel, it has scope blocks on barrel on 6" centers.I believe it is the type 4G stock with Type 6 Butt Plate. Inspection stamp on stock is boxed OGEK. I know this is Elmer Keith's inspection stamp. It looks to be all original in good condition. "O3" Springfield action with s/n below 800,000. Any help in putting a price on this firearm will be appreciated. Thanks, Kelly

Posts: 124 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Elmer Keith had been on some Montana and Idaho National Guard and Civilian Teams (1924,1925, and 1940 respectfully). He went again to Perry in 1953. He was indeed an Inspector at the arsenal in Ogden 1942-1944. I seriously doubt that there were any match rifles built up during that time. I seem to recall a story about an Idaho State Civilian team member having a rifle similar to what you describe. I cannot find mention in "Hell, I Was There" where Keith said he had such a rifle or involved in making up such a rifle.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote