New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rare Browning 22lr?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone here seen or know of anyone who has a Browning BAR 22lr? Do you or they like them? I was looking at Browning 22lr Semi-auto values for my Dad and ran across one of these. I like the looks. Are they any good? I know that they have been out of production for a while. I am just curious as to your thoughts.

Jay

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have one and like it. Accuracy is excellent and the trigger is very good compared to most factory offerings (about a sack of lead lighter than a Ruger 10/22).

There is a small spring steel feeding guide which can get misshapen and hamper feeding. Some brands of ammunition seem to be much more reliable in mine than others.

While this is a Japanese-produced product rather than Belgian or American, the fit and finish is very nice. If you can find one in good shape, I would recommend it.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had one that I bought real cheap because the guide mentioned was broken and made of unobtanium. I found one in Canada and shot the rifle until somebody else wanted it more than I did. I liked the rifle and it shot well.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Browning BPR 22lr. That's the pump version. I think it was made in the late seventies. Never seen another. Real good looker and shooter although a bit heavy for the caliber.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank for the posts guys. I am going to a gun show in a couple of weeks. I am going to look for one of these if I can find one at a reasonable price.

Take care,
Jay

Posts: 241 | Location: Grand Rapids, Mi, usa | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
<GoWyo!>
posted
Howdy all, I've got the BAR-22 semi-auto version of the pump you are discussing. I always wanted one when I was younger, but when I saw one recently going for 200 bills in like new condition, no more wants! Good luck on your search Deputy 450, and remember...they made the pump in .22 mag also.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The BPR was available in 22 mag as well as long rifle. I think with the new 22 mag bullets available that they would be a real shooter

Posts: 900 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote