New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Army 1917
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to find out what year this revolver was made and the value, Can anyone tell me where to check?
Thank you.
Wayne

Posts: 40 | Location: Yuba City California | Registered: 02 July 2000Reply With Quote
<stans>
posted
We need more information. Colt or Smith & Wesson? Type of finish? Overall condition of the gun? Serial number with the last two or three digits "X"-ed out. Otherwise, take it to a gun collector, let him or her know that it is not for sale, you just want an appraisal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a Colt , the number on the butt is 13XXX,the number on the frame and the crane is 165XXX.
Thanks for the help.
Wayne

Posts: 40 | Location: Yuba City California | Registered: 02 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cowboy77845
posted Hide Post
It would help if you indicated what condition its in. Percentage wise. What is finish? The Navy and Marine Corps models are worth more. I sold mine 3 yrs ago for 900. It was virtually new. About 150,000 of the 350,000 New Service Colts were military if I recall correctly. The Blue Book has values, the Gun List may give you an idea. Most depends on condition. Value may range from $200 up. Somebody on here will know.

Posts: 375 | Location: College Station, Tx | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
<stans>
posted
Original blued finish is worth the most, some 1917's, like my Colt, were parkerized and reissued during WWII. Parkerized guns seem to be worth a little less.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This revolver has no markings as to cal. Also it has plastic grips that do not fit, there is a large gap at the top of each grip. The finish is blue but not in real good shape and the lanyard ring is missing. Any ideas on approx value?
Thank you.
Wayne