Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Grants revolvers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Any body else read the article in the current American Rifleman about the boxed set of ivory stocked engraved Remingtons that were given to Ulysses S. Grant? Great article.The one disturbing thing that crossed my mind was since the current owner lived in California they had to have experts come in to decide that the ivory stocks were over 100 years old + left it to the imagination that if not so they would need to be destroyed.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Or Confiscated.

Posts: 2326 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read the article. Those pistols were some piece of work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Any body else read the article in the current American Rifleman about the boxed set of ivory stocked engraved Remingtons that were given to Ulysses S. Grant? Great article.The one disturbing thing that crossed my mind was since the current owner lived in California they had to have experts come in to decide that the ivory stocks were over 100 years old + left it to the imagination that if not so they would need to be destroyed.

The Big One can't come soon enough for California. Bought a nail puller recently, one of those little pry bars used to remove nails you need gone. Came with that standard CA. propaganda tag, This items contains substances, known to the state of California to cause cancer. Confused

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NO SHIT! I have a metal shop + all of the 50/50 solder that we order has the same BS warning.I guess by their wording that as it causes cancer in California, it's safe elsewhere?Just one more thing to raise the product price.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
NO SHIT! I have a metal shop + all of the 50/50 solder that we order has the same BS warning.I guess by their wording that as it causes cancer in California, it's safe elsewhere?Just one more thing to raise the product price.

I think California is a western state of Russia! They are going to open their eyes when people start moving out of that state so they can live like real Americans!

…………………………………………………………... old patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They HAVE been moving out + what's worse;to here. Totally screwing up our property values.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They HAVE been moving out + what's worse;to here. Totally screwing up our property values.

Yep, If I were selling, it would be good. The problem is with the higher evaluations comes much higher property taxes and a lot of liberals moving in.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You better believe it.I am just outside of Austin (the blue capital of Texas) in the country,but my taxes are out of sight.I was at the county annex the other day getting a vehicle registration + their little close cap T.V. made note of the fact that annually they collect in excess of 1.8 BILLION dollars for Williamson County. And obviously proud of it.Now as for me.I would not brag about fucking my fellow citizens.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

You certainly have that right! The problem is they are trying to turn Texas into a big californacation in the process, like they did to Colorado, and the Northwest !

…………………………………………………………. 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,they screwed up their state + are bringing their ways with them.Have you noticed the new driving habits? Rude + NOT Texas friendly.