The Accurate Reloading Forums
U.S. Grants revolvers

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1221043/m/3621053542

06 September 2018, 07:57
NormanConquest
U.S. Grants revolvers
Any body else read the article in the current American Rifleman about the boxed set of ivory stocked engraved Remingtons that were given to Ulysses S. Grant? Great article.The one disturbing thing that crossed my mind was since the current owner lived in California they had to have experts come in to decide that the ivory stocks were over 100 years old + left it to the imagination that if not so they would need to be destroyed.

Never mistake motion for action.
17 September 2018, 23:34
Slider
Or Confiscated.
18 September 2018, 02:23
SquirrelNut
I read the article. Those pistols were some piece of work.
21 September 2018, 19:01
Grizzly Adams
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Any body else read the article in the current American Rifleman about the boxed set of ivory stocked engraved Remingtons that were given to Ulysses S. Grant? Great article.The one disturbing thing that crossed my mind was since the current owner lived in California they had to have experts come in to decide that the ivory stocks were over 100 years old + left it to the imagination that if not so they would need to be destroyed.

The Big One can't come soon enough for California. Bought a nail puller recently, one of those little pry bars used to remove nails you need gone. Came with that standard CA. propaganda tag, This items contains substances, known to the state of California to cause cancer. Confused

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.
22 September 2018, 07:59
NormanConquest
NO SHIT! I have a metal shop + all of the 50/50 solder that we order has the same BS warning.I guess by their wording that as it causes cancer in California, it's safe elsewhere?Just one more thing to raise the product price.

26 September 2018, 08:01
Use Enough Gun
tu2
04 October 2018, 18:27
MacD37
quote:
NO SHIT! I have a metal shop + all of the 50/50 solder that we order has the same BS warning.I guess by their wording that as it causes cancer in California, it's safe elsewhere?Just one more thing to raise the product price.

I think California is a western state of Russia! They are going to open their eyes when people start moving out of that state so they can live like real Americans!

…………………………………………………………... old patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

07 October 2018, 07:46
NormanConquest
They HAVE been moving out + what's worse;to here. Totally screwing up our property values.

10 December 2018, 18:02
butchlambert
quote:
They HAVE been moving out + what's worse;to here. Totally screwing up our property values.

Yep, If I were selling, it would be good. The problem is with the higher evaluations comes much higher property taxes and a lot of liberals moving in.
11 December 2018, 08:20
NormanConquest
You better believe it.I am just outside of Austin (the blue capital of Texas) in the country,but my taxes are out of sight.I was at the county annex the other day getting a vehicle registration + their little close cap T.V. made note of the fact that annually they collect in excess of 1.8 BILLION dollars for Williamson County. And obviously proud of it.Now as for me.I would not brag about fucking my fellow citizens.

07 May 2019, 04:17
MacD37
quote:

You certainly have that right! The problem is they are trying to turn Texas into a big californacation in the process, like they did to Colorado, and the Northwest !

…………………………………………………………. 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

07 May 2019, 08:02
NormanConquest
Yep,they screwed up their state + are bringing their ways with them.Have you noticed the new driving habits? Rude + NOT Texas friendly.