Notify
Tools

Looking for a decent Remington model 30
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
Well guys I am now on a quest for a model 30
Remington in a clean and unmolested condition.

I am also looking for a clean model 54 Winchester in a .270 Win.

Any leads out there?

Don

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of papaschmud
posted Hide Post
You have great taste. I happen to be looking for the very same two. Good luck in your search, and if you find two, you know who to contact. cheers

Gabe

Posts: 410 | Location: Granite City, WI | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
try gunbroker.com an auction site i was looking for a win mod 05 in 32wsl for over 2 yrs and finely found a beauty from that site as well as others do have to be cautious but there is a 3 day inspection

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a friend with a M30 in 30 Remington. I'll check with him and have him reply here if he wants to sell.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen both on some auction sites- not the places like auctionarms, etc.

worth a browse, if only for the pics:

http://www.armsandarmourauctions.com/calendar.asp

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you want it dressed and not bare in other words.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm the friend Rich was referring to... just got my Rem Model 30A(?) back with a nice fresh slow rust blue in original wood, checkered grip and forend (schnabel). It is in one of the rarer calibers - 30 Rem with Lyman 48R and Sheard 56H front sight. If you guys are serious PM me... might let it go if I get the right offer. The 30 Rem was made up in a smaller light weight model than some of the others... an interesting little Model 30.
Jeff P

Posts: 330 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote