Find
Notify
Tools

Didn't know he was a crook
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I had one of his Colt coffee-table books and gave it away some years back, not knowing "the rest of the story" about R.L. Wilson. Probably old news to most of you here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nhUpPbqD44

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, that was very interesting. I was floored! I have some of his books as well. Who knows what they may be worth after the news comes out he was a fraud? Looting a museum (no matter how semi-legal) is not cricket. I was floored with the allegations, but given his evidence, I believe him. As I have told you in the past, when my son about 40 years ago had a kid at school that had a dad that wanted to get rid of an M1 carbine, because he had kids + no one needed a gun, etc., ad nauseum, so I bought it from him for $50.00. Ads I was leaving, he asked me if I wanted to buy another $50.00 gun. Sure. He brought out an original 1851 Colt in the complete holster rig + told me it had been his great-grandfathers when he was sheriff in San Angelo in the 1800s. That nasty little thing that resides in me called honesty told me to tell him , that hell, yes I would buy it, but was he sure? Did he have any other relatives that would be interested; etc? After the fact, I kinda kicked myself in the ass for passing up a goldmine find, + having thoughts that the next guy would come along + buy it up. That line of thought leads to insanity. The point was that I did the "right thing" + what he did afterwards was his decision.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote