Notify
Tools

Pentagon Safes
 Login/Join

<catskin>
posted
Hey anybody ever hear of these guys?

http://www.pentagonsafes.com

about the only thing I can find out is their name and address..

Pentagon Safes
12031 East Philadelphia
Whittier, CA 90601
562-945-7244

I'd like to buy one of their large safes but I'd like an outside opinion before I
buy....

<landtrain>
posted
FWIW. I work at the Pentagon and the only "safes" in use here are to store classified documents and must meet stringent standards. None of these are made or sold by Pentagon Safes. Those old ones whose life expectency has long since past are sent to a Material Reutilization depot for sale at public auction. They come in 1; 2; 4 ;5 drawer models as well as a one door Map and plan. Most will have, all; some; or none of the original locks still in place. Some might even have the new MAS-HAMILTON XO-7 or XO-8 electronic lock still in place. They are usually sold in lots of 4 but as many as 10. The older Mosler 5 drawer weigh in at 625 Lbs. Some really old Diebolds weigh in at 1100 Lbs. Average selling price is $250 for 5 or as low as $400 for 10. I would estimate that there are 2500 1960 vintage security containers still in use and going strong at the Pentagon and 5 times that many in the field. Not many show up at the property disposal yard at Ft. Meade. and when they do, they go fast.

But I don't know anything about Pentagon Safes.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about Pentagon brand safes but I can say that any good gun safe is far better than none. The post above alludes to a good alternative: buy a much higher security container at auction or used. Sometimes TL-15 or TL-30 rated safes large enough for rifles and shotguns can be purchased used at relatively low cost.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend locally in the Gov't surplus busniss and he gets them from time to time. They are the old Moslers. He sells them to friends for $300. They are the 5 drawer and they are heavy! Nice for pistols and take the drawers out for rifles. He had a side by side last year he offered my for $450. It was too big for the space I had left.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote