New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 1893 Riot Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently picked up this Winchester 1893 thinking that it was probably a cut down 30 inch barrel. Imagine my surprise when the factory letter showed that this is one of 644 factory made riot guns Cool

NRA Life Member

Posts: 421 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of megsdad
posted Hide Post
Nice find.

Posts: 104 | Location: so oregon | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good

Posts: 19296 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
If you would care to sell it I would be interested ,shoot me a PM,it looks all original.
Thanks
Wesley

Posts: 671 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Enjoy! I would like one for cowboy action shooting, but I think the rules bar riot guns.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Are there any choke markings on the barrel?

Posts: 3270 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
SASS rules bar 1893s; they think they are faster to load than 97s due to the larger frame opening. Norinco made some of these a few years ago; I have one.
As far as "riot guns" you are thinking of the military ones with the ventilated hand guard and bayonet lug.
You have a rare shotgun.

Posts: 17011 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
Are there any choke markings on the barrel?

There are no choke markings on the barrel. The gun has been sold to a collector in The Netherlands, who wanted it a whole lot more than I did Smiler

NRA Life Member

Posts: 421 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anjin:
Enjoy! I would like one for cowboy action shooting, but I think the rules bar riot guns.

no the rules bar the 93 I think. The 97 is fine but the cut out on the frame is said to make the 93 less strong. It is however, legal for wild bunch.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16274 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote